You are here: Home » history » 20th century

20th century

In 1907 to 1909 our company build a modern creation company with a modern sawmill at Breitenborn`s (Saxony) loading station and connected it to with an own subrail to the royal Saxon state railroad.

In 1910 the whole company with its seven quarries descended to exclusive possession of the stone mason master Emil Haberkorn. Its family had been resident since 1550 and hold a part of the quarries, that were also carried out by them, since 1585.

In 1924 the first stone crush an utility and masticator was set up on Rochlitzer Berg. The material that was extracted there was suited excellently for plasters, floor coverings, sports facilities etc. New big markets ware opened us. Two application areas should necessarily be noticed

  • cinderpath for the Olympic Games 1936 in Berlin and
  • plaster of Teahouse on horbicultural exhibition out of Rochlitzer Porphyry, Dresden (1926)

As meaningful buidlings and artworks of stone masons out of Rochlitzer Porphyry

  • the Grassi-Museum (textile trade fair building) at Leipzig`s Johannisplatz (1922) and
  • monumental fountain "Fruchtbarkeit" of Prof. Lederer in Berlin (1927).

In 1972 Haberkorn`s company was nationalised. After German`s reunification Ruth Haberkorn filed an application of denationalization of the run down company. The dared a recommencement and a reorganisation of the traditional company. Because of the fact that many buildings in Saxony were build out of Rochlitzer Porphyry the material was predominantly used in the field of preservation of historical monuments.

Today Rochitzer Porphyry becomes more and more popular and is used in many ways.